Help give predictable revenue and become a true investor. It’s easy, flexible, and simple to do.
Sancta Maria House fundraising appeal for the betterment of the lives of young women in residential care
Nurturing Bodies and Nurturing Minds = Nurturing Lives
Help provide Sancta Maria House young women with nutritious food, medical care and supplies, clothing and personal care items, educational, recreational and cultural improvements and outings, and life skills training.
Your donations will help with:
- Products and services: to help the young women include items such as healthy food, personal care products, medication, clothing, exercise equipment, class fees for yoga, swimming, computers, dental work, and other items.
- Cultural and recreational outings: to museums, galleries, the science centre, baseball games, longer outings to Ottawa or Niagara Falls, local theatre, music events and other events.
- Life skills training: for courses or workshops on healthy meal preparation, budgeting, finding an apartment, resume writing, finding a job, computer skills training, dressing for success, and for a part-time life skills counsellor.
Moves Management: Funds required for Transportation
Your support will help our young women move. Funds will help with:
- Costs associated with the Sancta Maria House van ( gas, insurance, repairs).
- Metro Passes
- Building funds to replace the current 2007 van.
Our House, Our Home
Your support will help towards the maintenance and costs associated with efficiently and effectively running Sancta Maria House at 102 Bernard Avenue. A clean, well-functioning, welcoming, and well supplied home will continue to provide a nurturing and respectful environment for the young women living full time at Sancta Maria House. Our philosophy is centred on the belief that providing a healthy home like environment instills in the residents a sense of respect for their home and in turn for themselves.
Your support will help with
- Household supplies and basic household maintenance
- A functioning vegetable and herb garden in the backyard space. Tools, seeds, etc. to grow product
- Utilities including Heat, Hydro, and Water, including AC for quality air control
- Building ( minor construction) a computer station area with resource library
- Increase staffing to include one new part time overnight worker to assist and monitor any issues arising during the night
We Still Care: After Care Support
After the young women leave Quinn House (for ages 18-24) they are ready to start their lives in the community. Some are still students, others are beginning their work lives, and others are young mothers. All are embarking on a fresh start. Although they no longer are residents, we maintain connection and support with the young women in order to help them navigate life in the community at all levels of interaction. After Care support is also available to graduates of Sancta Maria House who proceed directly into the community without transitioning through Quinn House.
Through your support we can offer recent graduates:
- Welcome Home Packages to make the transition from Residential living to their first apartment as smooth as possible. Packages would include the basic household items to set up their home, including: cutlery, dishware, bedding and linens, cleaning supplies, etc. $250 per Welcome Home Kit
- A Counsellor working part-time (10 hours a week) to help get the new graduates safely and securely through the first few months of living on their own. Support would include advice and referrals related to educational and employment opportunities, social interactions, and in the case of graduate residents with a young child, assisting with developing better parenting skills. The mentor counsellor would provide support through visits, phone conversations and Facebook.
Quinn House: Transitional Support
Quinn House is an affordable housing option young women ages 18-24 who have graduated from Sancta Maria House and still require a residential environment. Quinn House provides affordable transitional housing to help young women achieve full independence.
With your support, we can provide:
- Bursary funds for one or more months of rent to help alleviate a monthly budget crisis and be instrumental in giving the resident a chance to reallocate rent dollars towards educational training or job enhancement skills.
- Emergency Care Fund for the young women residence of Quinn House who may experience an extraordinary expense ( medical, educational, etc.) requiring a small and one time financial support.
- Facility Support to help Quinn House with funds required to maintain this vital service and home for young women transitioning into the community.
Bedroom Sponsor, “more than a good night’s sleep”
Help with the costs associated with one of four bedrooms at Sancta Maria House, including paying the utilities, maintenance, food, personal care items, clothing, transportation, programs and services for the young lady living in the room.